- The Bay-Berry Tree, Myrtus arborea aromatica, Plate X
- Line engraving with hand coloring on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 9 inches (33.3 × 22.9 cm) and Plate: 11 1/2 × 7 3/8 inches (29.2 × 18.7 cm)
Lettered upper left: "Plate X * | The Bay Berry | Tree"; upper right: "Page 145"; lower left: "OTIUM | DIGNITATI | To the Right Honourable | The Earl of Halifax | First Lord Commissioner of | Trade and Plantations | This Plate is humbly Inscrib'd, | &c."; lower right: "G.D.Ehret. Delin. & Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Bernard Kosto, Yale 1957, MD 1962
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject
- Associated Places:
- Barbados | Bayberry
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Georg Dionysius Ehret, 1708–1770, German, The Bay-Berry Tree, Myrtus arborea aromatica, Plate X, 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.