- A Muslim Wedding Procession by Night, Patna
- between 1820 and 1830
- Watercolor and gouache on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 × 22 3/4 inches (40 × 57.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower center: "No.2 | Marriage Procession"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | crowd | fireworks | genre subject | Islam | religious and mythological subject | torches
- Associated Places:
- Bihar | India | Patna
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Company School, A Muslim Wedding Procession by Night, Patna, between 1820 and 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.