Company School, eighteenth century-nineteenth century, Durbar of the Nawab Mubarak al-Daula (1770-93) of Murshidabad, between 1795 and 1810
Durbar of the Nawab Mubarak al-Daula (1770-93) of Murshidabad
- between 1795 and 1810
- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Image: 14 1/8 × 21 inches (35.9 × 53.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border (sheet): 16 7/8 × 23 1/2 inches (42.9 × 59.7 cm), and Mount: 19 7/8 × 30 1/4 inches (50.5 × 76.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "51"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carpet | historical subject | throne
- Associated Places:
- India | Murshidabad | West Bengal
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.