Durbar of the Nawab Mubarak al-Daula (1770-93) of Murshidabad
- between 1795 and 1810
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Image: 14 1/8 × 21 inches (35.9 × 53.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 16 7/8 × 23 1/2 inches (42.9 × 59.7 cm), Mount: 19 7/8 × 30 1/4 inches (50.5 × 76.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "51"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carpet | historical subject | throne
- Associated Places:
- India | Murshidabad | West Bengal
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Unknown artist (Company style), eighteenth century-nineteenth century, Indian, Durbar of the Nawab Mubarak al-Daula (1770-93) of Murshidabad, between 1795 and 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.