The Adam and Eve Tavern, Old Chelsea
- Former Title(s):
The Adam and Eve, Old Chelsea
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 14 3/4 inches (24.8 x 37.5 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 11 3/4 inches (17.5 x 29.8 cm), and Image: 6 7/8 x 11 3/4 inches (17.5 x 29.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within image, center left, on building: "OLD FERRY WHARF | J. JOHNSON | COAL MERCHANT"; within image, center right, on sign: "THE ADAM AND EVE | Wine and Spirit Estab."
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "H.031 | a64475"; on back, lower right: "c-ggKK"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald and Willi Holden
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balcony | barges | boats | buildings | chimneys | church | cityscape | masts | men | river | ropes | sailboats | signs | tavern | trees
- Associated Places:
- Chelsea | England | Greater London | London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977-1986, Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1986, p. 31, no. 130, N590.2 A7 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Duncan Robinson, Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977 - 1986, , Burlington Magazine, vol. 128, October 1986, p. 31, no. 130, N1 B87 128:3 OVERSIZE (YCBA)