Young's Night Thoughts, Page 15, "The longest night though longer far, would fail"
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Young's Night Thoughts, Page 16, "Oft bursts my song beyond the bounds of life"
- Part Of:
- ca. 1797
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 16 3/4 inches (42.5 cm), Sheet: 16 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (41.9 x 32.4 cm), Plate: 16 1/4 x 12 3/4 inches (41.3 x 32.4 cm), Plate: 16 x 12 3/4 inches (40.6 x 32.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | book | chains | floating | gowns | leaf | literary theme | lyres | men | night | reading | stars | text | thorns | vines | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Young's Night Thoughts, Page 15, "The longest night though longer far, would fail", ca. 1797