Base of the Column of Antoninus Pius, Vatican
- ca. 1857
- Salted paper print from a wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 13 5/8 inches (28.3 × 34.6 cm) and Mount: 17 3/8 × 23 inches (44.1 × 58.4 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "M1158"
Blind embossed: "Libreria Tedesca | Di | Gius. Spithover | in Roma"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | base | horses (animals) | relief sculpture | soldiers
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Vatican City
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Anderson, 1813–1877, British, Base of the Column of Antoninus Pius, Vatican, ca. 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.