Base of the Column of Antoninus Pius, Vatican
- ca. 1857
- Salted paper print from a wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- 11 1/8 × 13 5/8 inches (28.3 × 34.6 cm) and 17 3/8 × 23 inches (44.1 × 58.4 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "M1158"
Blind embossed: "Libreria Tedesca | Di | Gius. Spithover | in Roma"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | base | horses (animals) | relief sculpture | soldiers
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Vatican City
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Anderson, 1813–1877, British, Base of the Column of Antoninus Pius, Vatican, ca. 1857