- Cox’s Cave, Cheddar
- ca. 1880
- Albumen print from glass negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 11 1/2 inches (19.1 × 29.2 cm) and Mount: 10 × 14 3/8 inches (25.4 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "W1818"
Lettered inside image, lower left: "No.1 Cox's Cave: Cheddar"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | geology | landscape | science | stalactites | stalagmites | water
- Associated Places:
- Cheddar Gorge | Cox's Cave | England | Mendip Hills | Somerset
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Cox’s Cave, Cheddar, ca. 1880
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.