Cedars at Maturity in Belvidere Wood, age 104 years
- Albumen print from wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- 11 5/8 × 9 1/2 inches (29.5 × 24.1 cm) and 22 3/8 × 16 7/8 inches (56.8 × 42.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "M1011";
Lettered on mount below image: "CEDARS AT MATURITY IN BELVIDERE WOOD | Height 75 Feet. | Circumference 10 Feet. | Age 104 Years. | O arth thou sighing for Lebanon | In the long breeze that streams to thy delicious East | Sighing for Lebanon | Dark cedar, though thy boughs have been increased | Upon a pastoral slope as fair, | And looking to the South, and fed | With honey'd rains and delicate air? | Tennyson's 'Maud.' "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | landscape | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Bambridge, 1819–1879, British, Cedars at Maturity in Belvidere Wood, age 104 years, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.