- Descent of the Ganges, Mamallapuram
- ca. 1858
- Albumenized salted paper print from wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (17.5 × 22.2 cm) and Mount: 9 5/8 × 11 1/2 inches (24.4 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "M2083"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | elephant (animal) | landscape | monument | relief sculpture | temple
- Associated Places:
- India | Mamallapuram
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Descent of the Ganges, Mamallapuram, ca. 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.