Colossi and Sphynx at Wady Saboua
- Materials & Techniques:
- Albumen print from wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 × 8 3/4 inches (15.2 × 22.2 cm), Mount: 11 3/4 × 17 1/8 inches (29.8 × 43.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "79 JR"
Engraved lettering on mount below image: "Frith. Photo. 1857 | COLOSSI AND SPHYNX AT WADY SABOUA | Nubia."
Signed and dated on the negative, lower left: "Frith | E No.9 | 1857"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ruins | sand
- Associated Places:
- Egypt | Nubia
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Frith, 1822–1898, British, Colossi and Sphynx at Wady Saboua, 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.