- Long Ships Lighthouse off the Land’s End, Cornwall
- Albumen print from wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 15 inches (28.6 × 38.1 cm) and Mount: 18 × 21 1/2 inches (45.7 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Long Ships Lighthouse | off the Lands' End | Cornwall"
Blind embossed: "Photographed by | Wm. May | Devonport"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Charles T. Isaacs
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape | lighthouse | marine art | rocks (landforms) | sea
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William May, active 19th century, British, Long Ships Lighthouse off the Land’s End, Cornwall, 1860s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.