Marble Portrait Statue of a Veiled Priestess at the British Museum
- Additional Title(s):
Roman Sculpture Based on Livia Julia Augusta
- early 1870s
- Materials & Techniques:
- Albumen print from wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 8 inches (26 × 20.3 cm), Mount: 17 5/8 × 12 7/8 inches (44.8 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "M2198"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | museum | sculpture | still life | Stone carving
- Associated Places:
- British Museum | England | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Thompson, active 19th century, British, Marble Portrait Statue of a Veiled Priestess at the British Museum, early 1870s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.