Marble Portrait Statue of a Veiled Priestess at the British Museum
- Additional Title(s):
Roman Sculpture Based on Livia Julia Augusta
- early 1870s
- Albumen print from wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 8 inches (26 × 20.3 cm) and Mount: 17 5/8 × 12 7/8 inches (44.8 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "M2198"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | museum | sculpture | still life | Stone carving
- Associated Places:
- British Museum | England | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Thompson, active 19th century, British, Marble Portrait Statue of a Veiled Priestess at the British Museum, early 1870s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.