View on the Trent, Nottingham Castle in the Distance
- Albumen print from wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm) and Mount: 10 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (27 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "3"; in black ink, lower center: "View on the Trent. Nottingham Castle in the distance"; in graphite, lower right: "Capt. G. Bankart | P5086p"
Lettered inside image, lower right: "8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | landscape | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Nottingham | Nottingham Castle | Trent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Bankart, died 1903, British, View on the Trent, Nottingham Castle in the Distance, 1860s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.