IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Shirreff, ca. 1750–1829, British, Colonel Donald MacLeod of St. Kilda, undated
Colonel Donald MacLeod of St. Kilda
- Watercolor and white gouache on ivory in original gold frame; lock of hair and miniature metal weapons on back
- Frame: 3 × 2 3/8 × 1/4 inches (7.6 × 6 × 0.6 cm)
Gold and enamel insignia on verso: "RS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cannon (artillery) | eyebrows | military art | pollaxes | portrait | rifle (long gun) | sword | uniform
- Associated People:
- MacLeod, Colonel Donald of St. Kilda (died April 22, 1813), East India Company officer, married to Diana MacDonald of Tormore, Inverness-shire (died on July 20, 2834)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.