The Defects of Its Qualities
- Screen print and collage on thick, moderately textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 35 3/8 × 24 inches (89.9 × 61 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "8/70"
Stamped verso: "K | 6886"
Lettered upper center: "GREAT FRENCH INNOVATOR | HAS EVOLVED A SERENE | MODERN ART OF HIS OWN"; center left: "G Braque"; center: "Appendix D. | REGISTRATION TICKET FOR A COMMON PROSTITUTE"; center: "EXCITING | WIVES"; center right: "What is an Original Print? | Principles recommended by the | Print Council of America"; lower right: "TITLE: THE DEFECTS OF ITS QUALITIES"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Kitaj"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Barbara Sunderman Hoerner
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | stove | surgeon
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
R. B. Kitaj, 1932–2007, American, active in Britain (1958–97), The Defects of Its Qualities, 1967