- The Defects of Its Qualities
- Screen print and collage on thick, moderately textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 35 3/8 × 24 inches (89.9 × 61 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "8/70"
Stamped verso: "K | 6886"
Lettered upper center: "GREAT FRENCH INNOVATOR | HAS EVOLVED A SERENE | MODERN ART OF HIS OWN"; center left: "G Braque"; center: "Appendix D. | REGISTRATION TICKET FOR A COMMON PROSTITUTE"; center: "EXCITING | WIVES"; center right: "What is an Original Print? | Principles recommended by the | Print Council of America"; lower right: "TITLE: THE DEFECTS OF ITS QUALITIES"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Kitaj"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Barbara Sunderman Hoerner
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | stove | surgeon
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
R. B. Kitaj, 1932–2007, American, active in Britain (1958–97), The Defects of Its Qualities, 1967
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.