- William Cavendish, 4th Duke of Devonshire, Marquess of Hartington
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/8 × 14 3/8 inches (51.8 × 36.5 cm) and Image: 18 3/8 × 14 1/4 inches (46.7 × 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol 2d P103"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: Geo 2n"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "79 | d"
Lettered, lower left: "Jas. Worsdale Pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "the most Puissant and most Noble Prince | WILLIAM CAVENDISH Duke of DEVONSHIRE, Marquiss of HARTINGTON; | Earl of Devonshire, and Baron Cavendish of Hardwick; Lord Lieutenant of the County of | Derby Keeper of the Rolls of the said County; One of the Lords of HIS MAJESTY'S | Most Honble. Privy Council; and Knight of the most Noble Order of the Garter; | LORD LIUTENANT GENERAL and GENERAL GOVERNOR of the KINGDOM of IRELAND."; lettered, lower left: "Sold by T. Jeffreys at the Corner of St. Martins Lane Charing Cross and by W.Herbert at the Golden Globe on London Bridge."; lettered, lower right: "Jno:Brooks Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Brooks, active 1730–1756, Irish, William Cavendish, 4th Duke of Devonshire, Marquess of Hartington, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.