Francis Hoyland, born 1930, British, The Magnificat (Left), undated
The Magnificat (Left)
- Part Of:
- Tempera, black chalk and white chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 30 × 22 inches (76.2 × 55.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "The Magnificat 2 Lt."
Watermark: "T & J H Kent"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Monroe E. Price, Yale BA 1960, LLB 1965, and Aimee Brown Price, Yale MA 1963, PhD 1972
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.