London from Greenwich
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 17 1/2 inches (30.2 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 × 10 1/2 inches (17.8 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "26.I"; lower right: "<LL>"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "26. I "; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex G.E.Blood"; lower right: "62"
Turner sale mark: J. M. W. Turner (Lugt 1498); collector's mark: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. P.P. | | Engraved by C.Turner | 3.ft by 4.ft | LONDON, from GREENWICH | Picture in the possession of Walter Fawkes Esqr. of Farnley. | Published Jany. 1 1811 by Mr. Turner Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural | city | cityscape | deer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Eric M. Lee, Translations : Turner and printmaking, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1993, p. 15, no. 22, NJ18 .T85 L44 1993 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Graham Reynolds, Turner : with a new introduction by David Blayney Brown, Thames & Hudson, London, fig. 49, NJ18.T85 R49 2020 (YCBA) [YCBA]