- The Surrender of Mary Queen of Scots
- Mezzotint, etching, and line engraving on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 23 3/4 × 31 1/2 inches (60.3 × 80 cm) and Image: 21 × 29 inches (53.3 × 73.7 cm)
Lettered below image: "Painted by A. Chisholm. | London. Published May 1st. 1845, by Mary Parkes, at the Bowyer Gallery, Golden Square & at Paris. Chez 4 Hauser, Fournifsieur de la Bibliothique du Roi Boulevard des Italiens. No.11 Place de la Bourse No.11. | Engraved by J. G. Murray. | THE SURRENDER OF MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS. | ITo the Confederate Lords at Carberry Hill in the year 1567"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Linda G. Mitchell and David M. Doret, Yale BA 1968
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John George Murray, active 1823–1855, The Surrender of Mary Queen of Scots, 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.