- The British Naval Hero
- Color-printed mezzotint with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 23 1/8 × 28 1/4 inches (58.7 × 71.8 cm), Plate: 20 × 24 7/8 inches (50.8 × 63.2 cm), and Image: 18 1/2 × 24 7/8 inches (47 × 63.2 cm)
Collector's mark in black ink: Crossed anchors
Lettered below image: "Painted by Thos. Stothard R.A. | THE BRITISH NAVAL HERO | Engraved by Jn. Young Engraver in Mezzotinto to his RT. H. the Prince of Wales. | London, Jany. 1st. 1800 published by Jn. Young No: 58, Upper Charlotte Street, Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Carole Young
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | costume | genre subject | hats | men | sword | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Young, 1755–1825, British, The British Naval Hero, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.