- The Temple in the Wilderness
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 11 1/2 inches (29.2 cm), Sheet: 11 3/8 × 9 inches (28.9 × 22.9 cm), Plate: 9 × 7 inches (22.9 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 6 × 4 1/4 inches (15.2 × 10.8 cm)
Lettered below image, lower center: "Drawn & Engraved by Jn O Greig | The TEMPLE in the WILDERNESS. | Whose well roll'd walks | With curvature of slow and easy sweep | gives ample space | To narrow bounds | Vide the Task Book I. | London, Published by Vernor & Hood, Booksellers in the Poultry. | Ja S Storer & Jn O Chapel Street, Pentonville, May 1, 1803"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Greig, active 1800–1853, British, The Temple in the Wilderness, 1803-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.