- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 8 inches (24.1 × 20.3 cm), Mount: 12 3/8 × 9 7/8 inches (31.4 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Khansamah. followed by coolie | bringing home 1k provisions for the day"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Frank de Caro and Rosan Augusta Jordan
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | birds | food | genre subject | portrait | robe | servant | steward
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Unknown artist (Company style), nineteenth century, Indian, Khansamah, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.