Print made by unknown artist, nineteenth century, Entrance to the Cave of Elephanta, ca. 1834
Entrance to the Cave of Elephanta
- ca. 1834
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 11 inches (18.4 × 27.9 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 × 9 3/4 inches (17.5 × 24.8 cm), and Image: 4 1/2 × 7 1/4 inches (11.4 × 18.4 cm)
Lettered below image: "Sketched by Capt. R. Elliot, R.N. | ENTRANCE TO THE CAVE OF ELEPHANTA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Frank de Caro and Rosan Augusta Jordan
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cave | columns | landscape | temple
- Associated Places:
- Elephanta Caves | India
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.