IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Bridge on the Malton Road from York, undated
Bridge on the Malton Road from York
- Gray and orange wash with pen and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 14 5/8 x 17 3/4 inches (37.2 x 45.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 13 1/4 x 16 3/16 inches (33.7 x 41.1 cm), Sheet: 11 1/8 x 13 7/8in. (28.3 x 35.2cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, on mount, lower center: "Bridge on the Malton road from York."
signed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Gilpin"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | arches | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | hats | landscape | river | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Malton | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.