- Bridge on the Malton Road from York
- Gray and orange wash with pen and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper prepared with orange wash, mounted on thick, moderately thick, blued white laid paper with wash line border
- Mount: 14 5/8 x 17 3/4 inches (37.2 x 45.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 13 1/4 x 16 3/16 inches (33.7 x 41.1 cm), and Sheet: 11 1/8 x 13 7/8in. (28.3 x 35.2cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, on mount, lower center: "Bridge on the Malton road from York."
signed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Gilpin"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | arches | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | hats | landscape | river | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Malton | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Bridge on the Malton Road from York, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.