Knaresborough Castle, Yorkshire
- Gray and orange wash over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper prepared with orange wash, mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with wash line border
- Mount: 14 3/4 x 17 13/16 inches (37.4 x 45.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 13 1/8 x 16 1/4 inches (33.4 x 41.2 cm), and Sheet: 10 15/16 x 13 7/8 inches (27.8 x 35.3 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on mount, lower center: "Knaresborough Castle."
signed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Gilpin"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | hills | houses | landscape | mountains | river | rocks (landforms) | ruins | trees | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- England | Knaresborough | Knaresborough Castle | Nidd | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Knaresborough Castle, Yorkshire, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.