IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Mountain Landscape with Two Figures on a Winding Road, undated
Mountain Landscape with Two Figures on a Winding Road
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper prepared with yellow wash
- Sheet: 6 7/16 x 9 1/4 inches (16.4 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Sale 6 June, 1804"
Collector's mark: William Gilpin (Lugt 2622a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountains | people | road | ruins | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.