Mountainous Landscape with Trees - High Crags to the Right
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper prepared with orange wash
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 9 1/4 inches (17.1 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink: "Sale 6 June, 1804"
Collector's mark: William Gilpin (Lugt 2622a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | crags | landscape | mountains | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Mountainous Landscape with Trees - High Crags to the Right, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.