Classical Landscape with Ruin on Left, Two Figures on Right
- between 1745 and 1748
- Materials & Techniques:
- Brown wash, gray wash, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper, prepared with yellow wash
- Sheet: 5 5/16 x 7 1/2in. (13.5 x 19.1cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "2. | Wm. Gilpin"
Collector's mark: William Gilpin (Lugt 2622a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | hills | landscape | ruins | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Classical Landscape with Ruin on Left, Two Figures on Right, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.