Landscape with Two Horsemen on a Road
- between 1745 and 1748
- Materials & Techniques:
- Brown and gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper, prepared with yellow wash
- Sheet: 5 5/16 x 7 1/2 inches (13.5 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "8 | Wm. GILPIN"
Collector's mark: William Gilpin (Lugt 2622a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | horses (animals) | journey | landscape | mountains | road | travel | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Two Horsemen on a Road, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.