Landscape with Two Figures on a Road
- between 1745 and 1748
- Gray wash with pen and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 x 7 3/16 inches (13 x 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "12 | Wm. GILPIN"
artist's stamp of William Gilpin, lower center: "WG"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | journey | landscape | mountains | road | rocks (landforms) | travel | trees | walking
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Two Figures on a Road, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.