Landscape with Road in Foreground
- between 1745 and 1748
- Gray wash with pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 7 inches (13.7 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "13 | Wm. GILPIN"
artist's stamp of William Gilpin, lower left: "WG"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | mountains | road | ruins | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Road in Foreground, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.