- Landscape with Road in Foreground
- between 1745 and 1748
- Gray wash with pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 7 inches (13.7 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "13 | Wm. GILPIN"
artist's stamp of William Gilpin, lower left: "WG"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | mountains | road | ruins | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Road in Foreground, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.