- between 1745 and 1748
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, prepared with orange wash
- Sheet: 5 x 7 1/8in. (12.7 x 18.1cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "20 | Wm. GILPIN"
Collector's mark: William Gilpin (Lugt 2622a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | mountains | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Hilly Landscape, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.