Wooded Landscape Overlooking an Estuary
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 19 3/8 inches (14.6 × 49.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "a. c. c."; on back, lower right: "From a portfolio of drawings by members of the Bunard family and others. Some of the Bunards were clearly pupils of W. S. Gilpin. | J. G. W."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed on verso in brown ink, upper left: "W_S. Gilpin"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | estuary | grass | landscape | ships | trees | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Wooded Landscape Overlooking an Estuary, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.