- Old Men O'War
- Watercolor and scraping out; verso: graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 7 7/8 inches (25.1 × 20 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "[...]"; lower right: "D 2403"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dock | dogs (animals) | marine art | mast | sails | ships | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Charles Bentley, 1806–1854, British, Old Men O'War, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.