IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Courtyard of an Inn on the Thames, undated
Courtyard of an Inn on the Thames
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 × 8 inches (31.4 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "< To be mounted on Carb[...]gro | 4 x 10 >"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balcony | chimneys (architectural elements) | clock | courtyard | dog (animal) | fences | genre subject | horse (animal) | inn | men | sky | steeple | wagon | walking sticks | wheels | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.