A Southeast View of the Castle of Grigan in Provence near Dauphine
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 × 18 3/4 inches (31.8 × 47.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "A South-East View of the Castle of Grignan in Provence near Dauphine"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Michael Vincent Brandoin, called 'L'Anglou' | of Vevey. b. 1733 d. 1790 | also worked in England, France, & Italy. Especially collected in Russia. | Castle of Grignan: burial place of M. de Sévigné"; lower left: "8131"; lower right: "A 52 | 4"
Watermark: Fleur-de-Lis (Heawood 1855)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Brandoin"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cityscape | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Dauphiné | Europe | France | Provence
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Michel Vincent Brandoin, 1733–1807, Swiss, A Southeast View of the Castle of Grigan in Provence near Dauphine, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.