Jedburgh Abbey, Roxburghshire
- Watercolor and graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 8 1/2 inches (16.5 × 21.6 cm)
In artist's hand, in pen and black ink, on mount, ll: Edwd. Dayes 1792; in artist's hand, in pen and brown ink, on mount, lr: Jas. Moore Delt. 21st. Augt. 1792; in pen and black ink, on mount, lc: Jedburgh Abbey, Roxburghshire; illegible graphite inscription along lower edge of mount.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | church | storm
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Jedburgh Abbey | Roxburghshire | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Dayes, 1763–1804, British, Jedburgh Abbey, Roxburghshire, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.