- Brechin Cathedral and round tower, Forfarshire, Scotland
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, slighlty textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 × 6 inches (10.8 × 15.2 cm)
In artist's hand, in pen and brown ink, ll: E Dayes [barely visible]; in pen and black ink, ll: 1797; in pen and black ink, lc: E. Dayes; on verso, in pen and brown ink, c: Brechtin Cathl. frm. A Sketch/ by J. Moore; on verso, in graphite: Forfarshire.
J Whatman (letters)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left:"E Dayes [barely visible]; in pen and black ink, ll: 1797"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | exterior | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Forfarshire | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Dayes, 1763–1804, British, Brechin Cathedral and round tower, Forfarshire, Scotland, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.