Brechin Cathedral and round tower, Forfarshire, Scotland
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 × 6 inches (10.8 × 15.2 cm)
In artist's hand, in pen and brown ink, ll: E Dayes [barely visible]; in pen and black ink, ll: 1797; in pen and black ink, lc: E. Dayes; on verso, in pen and brown ink, c: Brechtin Cathl. frm. A Sketch/ by J. Moore; on verso, in graphite: Forfarshire.
J Whatman (letters)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left:"E Dayes [barely visible]; in pen and black ink, ll: 1797"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | exterior | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Forfarshire | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Dayes, 1763–1804, British, Brechin Cathedral and round tower, Forfarshire, Scotland, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.