IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Dayes, 1763–1804, British, Buildwas Abbey, Shropshire, ca. 1790
Buildwas Abbey, Shropshire
- ca. 1790
- Watercolor, pen, black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 15 5/8 inches (26.7 x 39.7 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arches | architectural subject | architecture | columns | Gothic architecture | Roman architecture | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Shropshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Thomas Girtin (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-01-21 - 1986-03-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Presences of Nature - British Landscape 1780-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1982-10-20 - 1983-02-27) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.