- Elgin Cathedral, Moray
- Watercolor, graphite, pen, gray ink, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches (16.5 x 21.6 cm) and Mount: 9 5/8 x 11 5/8 inches (24.4 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Edw.' Dayes 1792"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Jas Moore Delt 14th Sepr 1792."; in pen and black ink over graphite, lower center: "Elgin Cathedral."
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "Edw.' Dayes 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | cathedral | church | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Elgin | Europe | Moray | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Dayes, 1763–1804, British, Elgin Cathedral, Moray, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.