IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Dayes, 1763–1804, British, Elgin Cathedral, Moray, 1792
Elgin Cathedral, Moray
- Watercolor, graphite, pen, gray ink, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches (16.5 x 21.6 cm), Mount: 9 5/8 x 11 5/8 inches (24.4 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Edw.' Dayes 1792"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Jas Moore Delt 14th Sepr 1792."; in pen and black ink over graphite, lower center: "Elgin Cathedral."
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "Edw.' Dayes 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | cathedral | church | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Elgin | Europe | Moray | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.