Jean Louis Desprez, 1743–1804, French, Somerset House, the Strand Vestibule, undated
Somerset House, the Strand Vestibule
- Watercolor, gray wash, pen and black ink, pen and gray ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 7/8 x 31 inches (47.9 x 78.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower right: "SomerstPlace Vestibule W C Ar."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | columns | feathers | genre subject | grille | guards | hats | horses (animals) | interiors | robes | ruffs | soldiers | stones | vestibule
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.