Peasant of Miradero, Tenerife
- between 1823 and 1828
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 6 1/8 inches (22.5 × 15.6 cm)
In pen and brown ink, lower center: "Peasant of Miradero Tenerife"; in graphite, lower center: "Tenerife Mountaineer/ [illegible]"; veros, in pen and brown ink, upper center: "15 Edwd Chas Mitchell"
watermarks: J Whatman 1823 (not in Churchill, Heawood, or Shorter)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Peasant of Miradero, Tenerife, between 1823 and 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.