- Peasant of Miradero, Tenerife
- between 1823 and 1828
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 6 1/8 inches (22.5 × 15.6 cm)
In pen and brown ink, lower center: "Peasant of Miradero Tenerife"; in graphite, lower center: "Tenerife Mountaineer/ [illegible]"; veros, in pen and brown ink, upper center: "15 Edwd Chas Mitchell"
watermarks: J Whatman 1823 (not in Churchill, Heawood, or Shorter)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Peasant of Miradero, Tenerife, between 1823 and 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.