IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Natives of La Palma, 1825
Natives of La Palma
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 6 1/8 inches (20.6 × 15.6 cm)
In graphite, lower center: "In/ [illegible] of Palma | Palmeros"; in pen and brown ink superimposed on graphite inscription: "Native of Palma"; verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "22/Edw. Chas. Mitchell"
Signed in pen and black ink, verso, center:" Alfred Diston | Tenerife/Nov. 29th 1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Costumes | figure study | man | natives | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.