Natives of La Palma
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 6 1/8 inches (20.6 × 15.6 cm)
In graphite, lower center: "In/ [illegible] of Palma | Palmeros"; in pen and brown ink superimposed on graphite inscription: "Native of Palma"; verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "22/Edw. Chas. Mitchell"
Signed in pen and black ink, verso, center:" Alfred Diston | Tenerife/Nov. 29th 1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Costumes | figure study | man | natives | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.