- Franciscan Friar
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slighlty textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 7 1/4 inches (23.2 × 18.4 cm)
In pen and grey ink, lower right: "Sept. 5 1828"; on verso, in pen and red/brown ink, lower center: "N° 17/ Franciscan Friar"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | friar | genre subject | robe | sitting | wreath
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Franciscan Friar, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.