- Grand Canary-Man on a Donkey
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 7 1/4 inches (23.2 × 18.4 cm)
In pen and grey/brown ink, lower left: "Oct 22/ 1828"; on verso, in pen and red/brown ink, lower center: "N° 22/Grand Canary"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | costume | donkey | figure study | genre subject | man
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Grand Canary-Man on a Donkey, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.