Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Tenerife-Women of Candelaria, 1828
Tenerife-Women of Candelaria
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 7 1/2 inches (23.8 × 19.1 cm)
watermarks: J Whatman/Turkey Mill/ 1826 (similar to Heawood 3464).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | Costumes | figure study | genre subject | pottery | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.