Peasants of Chasna, Tenerife
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 6 5/8 inches (20 × 16.8 cm)
In graphite, lower center: "[illegible] Ch [illegible] eros"; in graphite, reinforced in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Peasants of Chasna-Tenerife"; on verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "17 | Edw Chas Mitchell"; in pen and grey ink, center: "Alfred Diston | Oct. 31 1825."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | Costumes | figure study | genre subject | man | peasants | spear | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Peasants of Chasna, Tenerife, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.