Peasants of Chasna, Tenerife
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 7 7/8 × 6 5/8 inches (20 × 16.8 cm)
In graphite, lower center: "[illegible] Ch [illegible] eros"; in graphite, reinforced in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Peasants of Chasna-Tenerife"; on verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "17 | Edw Chas Mitchell"; in pen and grey ink, center: "Alfred Diston | Oct. 31 1825."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | Costumes | figure study | genre subject | man | peasants | spear | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Peasants of Chasna, Tenerife, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.