- The Convent and Part of the Town of Candelaria, on the south side of Tenerife
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slighlty textured, cream wove paper mounted to thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (12.1 × 20 cm)
In pen and brown/black ink, lower center: "The Convent and part of the Town of | Candelaria, on the South side of Tenerife"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Feby 1820"; on verso of mount, in pen and brown ink, upper leftl:" 5 | Edw. Chas. Mitchell"; in graphite, center: "Conventa [?] parte del pueblo | de Candelaria"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | cityscape | convent
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, The Convent and Part of the Town of Candelaria, on the south side of Tenerife, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.