View in the Barranco de Martianez, Port Orotava, Tenerife, looking Southward
- Brown wash and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 8 inches (15.6 × 20.3 cm)
In pen and brown ink, lower center: "View in the Barranco de Martianez | Port Orotava Tenerife | looking Southward"; lower right: "May 9, 1820"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "6/ Edw. Chas. Mitchell"; in graphite, center:" En el barranco de Martianez"
Signed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Alfred Diston/Tenerife"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cliffs | figures | landscape | passage | ravine
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, View in the Barranco de Martianez, Port Orotava, Tenerife, looking Southward, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.