IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Tenerife-Man of Tacoronte, 1828
Tenerife-Man of Tacoronte
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured,cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 7 inches (24.1 × 17.8 cm)
On verso, in pen and red/brown ink, lower center: "N° 8 Tenerife | Man of Tacoronte; in graphite, center: "July 17 | 1828"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject | hut | man | merchant | sack | vegetables
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.